We specialize in helping companies find and create synergies with external sources – customers, non-customers, and partners in the value stream. For over 25 years, principals of C-Star Solutions, LLChave been helping leaders across a wide range of industries discover, capture and implement ideas from this rich source of innovation.
Over the past 25+ years Kai has had great success helping companies solve the most challenging problems and create breakthrough innovations. Examples are shown in the “Customers and Results” section.
- As a success indicator, nearly all companies have invited Kai to continue help on a series of additional (and ever-more difficult) challenges.
- Kai has developed a unique problem-solving methodology that underlies all of his work. Many of the companies with which he has shared this model have implemented it with critical teams.
- Industries in which Kai has worked include auto; food and general merchandise manufacture, distribution and retail; technology; managed care; government; consultancies; and associations.
Kai has led hundreds of projects with leaders from all types of organizations. Most notably, he consulted with leaders of 125+ companies over 7 years to reengineer the grocery industry value chain. He has developed strong, dynamic models for strategy development and innovation that have been used by a wide range of companies.
Primary areas of expertise
- Innovation, driven by customer wants and needs
- Strategic planning and company alignment
- Value chain partnering
- Result-oriented projects and problem solving
Kai’s unique combination of skills and approach include:
- A passion for knowing and serving customers in ways that delight them, by creating innovative products, services and business models.
- A balance of focus on continuous improvement and step-change.
- A rare ability to guide successful change, grounded in a deep understanding of organizations as living systems, processes and what it takes to improve them, quality, leadership and problem solving.
- The ability to make the complex understandable.
- The ability to work equally well with leaders and with others at all levels.
- A strong determination to set goals, measure progress and demonstrate results.
Kai lives on and manages a wildlife refuge outside Charlottesville, Virginia with his wife Jan, two labs and a menagerie of wild creatures. He uses this eco-system as a lab for continuous learning about systems and change.
Jason is a creative, resourceful, and tenacious leader focused on customer satisfaction, measurable results, and financial success. He has a proven record of timely and profitable management of complicated programs and projects. He is a highly skilled problem solver with an adaptable approach based on common themes that underlie every problem. Elements of his approach include defining the problem, what is at stake, the environment in which the problem exists, and the current and future states; identifying the gaps between the current and future states; then formulating an actionable strategy. Underpinning this is his ability to create and articulate a motivating vision, build high performance teams, and lead those teams to successful action.
Jason has worked with a variety of commercial and government leaders to solve a number of complicated program management, innovation, and business process challenges. He has a sterling reputation for dedicated service to his customers.
Primary areas of expertise:
- Program Management
- Result-Driven Project Execution
- Strategic Planning
- Process Evaluation
Jason lives on a small farm near Barboursville, Virginia (outside of Charlottesville). Jason’s farm is a continually changing entity with a growing focus on self sufficiency. Jason has a strong interest in land conservation and smart growth/new urban initiatives as well as serving his local community in various non-profit causes.